Perverting the Course of Justice in UAE. Edmonds Marshall McMahon is a unique firm of attorneys (known in the UK as solicitors and barristers) and prosecutes the full range of offences under the criminal law. The three founding partners have a combined total of 70 years’ experience in criminal justice and the firm offers a novel service to victims of crime – that is, of course, the ability to bring a private prosecution.
Edmonds Marshall McMahon frequently conducts prosecutions for perjury and perverting the course of justice. The victims of conduct designed by others to frustrate or hinder the administration of justice often pay a devastating and life-changing personal price. We understand the impact of this type of offence and are experienced in bringing those responsible to justice.
Our clients in the UAE benefit from our global reach and access to specialists, including investigators and forensic accountants, in various jurisdictions. We understand that these kinds of cases often require a tailored international strategy and our knowledge of local jurisdictions, including the UAE, allows us to take fast effective action on behalf of our clients. Alongside our attorneys, we have a dedicated investigations team comprising former Serious Fraud Office investigators and detectives. We work closely with our firm’s investigators to gather the best evidence to take cases forward.
Examples of our recent cases include:
- A trader found to be lying on oath in Commercial Court proceedings;
- Lies told during the course of divorce proceedings by both a husband and a wife (separate cases);
- A husband who attempted to remove his wife from their house in occupation and possession proceedings, during which he lied on oath;
- A false allegation of harassment made against a client involving police misconduct; and
- Investigative impropriety by law enforcement authorities including dishonesty.